Influencing Others: Getting Results when You Don’t have Direct Authority (All-Day Seminar)
Presented by Valerie M. Grubb
Fargo Moorhead HR Association (FMHRA), along with Association for Talent Development (ND-ATD), and Agassiz Valley Human Resources Association (AVHRA) are pleased to bring in Valerie Grubb in a collaborative effort among the three organizations.
Valerie Grubb is the principal of Val Grubb & Associates, Ltd., which she founded after holding a succession of senior leadership roles within major corporations including NBC Universal, Oxygen Media, InterActiveCorp (IAC) and Rolls-Royce. She is an innovative and visionary operations leader with an exceptional ability to zero in on the systems, processes, and human capital issues that can hamper a company’s growth. Valerie regularly consults for mid-range companies wishing to expand and larger companies seeking efficiencies in back-office operations. Her expertise and vibrant style are also in constant demand for coaching and training for senior leaders.
In this highly interactive workshop, you’ll learn strategies to influence across the organization even when you don’t have authority, garnering support for your projects and your career at the same time!
- How to effectively communicate the “why” of the project across your entire organization.
- From the shop floor to the C-Suite, inspiring others to share your vision.
- Recognizing resistance to change from senior leaders – and how to overcome it.
- Adapting your communication style to the person you’re influencing, regardless of title.
- Investing in relationships across the organization to yield a high influencing return on investment.
- Upgrading your active listening skills and body language to secure buy-in.
- Using “constructive persuasion” to change hearts, minds and viewpoints.
Cost for the all-day seminar:
- $109 - early bird registration for members of the three sponsoring groups (price available through 3/14/17)
- $129 - for members of the three sponsoring groups (price effective 3/15/17)
- $149 - non-members
- Approved: 6.0 SHRM credits
- Approved: 6.5 HRCI Business/Strategic credits
Doors open at 7:30 AM with a light breakfast available. The conference will start at 8:00 AM.
There will be a break starting at 11:15 AM to allow for the lunch-only attendees to join.
During lunch, Todd Hunt will be presenting Communication Bleeps and Blunders in Business (April 4th Lunch Session) from 12 PM to 1:00 PM.Your registration for the all-day seminar includes the lunch presentation. You do not need to do a separate registration.
The afternoon portion of the all-day seminar will begin at 1:15 PM and go until 4:30 PM.
*If you register for the all-day seminar, your lunch session registration is already included. You do not need to submit a separate registration for the lunch session.
FMHRA has been promoting and advancing the HR profession in the Fargo Moorhead area for 40 years, with monthly educational luncheons and seminars.
ND-ATD established in 1998, offering monthly meetings and networking events to promote talent development in the Red River Valley.
AVHRA was officially chartered on July 24, 2000 and is North Dakota's first and only 100% chapter. This means all its members are also members of the National Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).