Making Employee Mental Health Mainstream
January 16, 2019
8:30 AM to 9:30 AM
at MState - Rooms A117 & A119 (West lot - door W1)
1900 28th Ave S
Moorhead, MN 56560
A parking pass will not be needed for this event.
Registration will be capped at 70 attendees and will close when capacity is reached.
To Register: Making Employee Mental Health Mainstream
This presentation addresses the stigma and fear surrounding mental health discussions, particularly in the workplace. It addresses mental health challenges in our community, driving lost productivity and lost employment opportunities during a time where unemployment is low, and people are needed. It will also provide potential solutions to become state and national leaders in providing safe mental health cultures for our employees.
This will cover the following topics:
1. The first objective addressed will be the fear and stigma employees have related to mental health.
2. The second objective will be education about our community and the mental health challenges that are affecting productivity and turnover.
3. The third objective will address why this matters to employers.
4. The fourth objective will suggest solutions for becoming leaders in building a safe mental health culture for our employees.
About the Speakers:
DaNae Cordie; Volunteer Coordinator at Hospice of the Red River Valley
Through DaNae’s work in recruitment advertising, she’s seen firsthand the struggles that employers go through to find and keep qualified employees. Through research, she’s stayed on top of hiring and turnover trends and is speaking on a unique approach to reduce lost productivity, turnover, and ROI. Through personal advocacy of mental health in our community, she’s working to eliminate stigma, spark open conversations about mental health, and create a solution to help our workforce that is affected by mental illness.
- Approved: 1.0 SHRM credit
- Approved: 1.0 HRCI credit
Light breakfast will be provided.