Five Social Media Questions Employers Should Consider
February 12th, 2019
8:30 AM to 9:30 AM
at Lutheran Social Services
3911 20th Ave S
Fargo, ND 58103
Registration will be capped at 80 attendees and will close when capacity is reached.
To Register: Five Social Media Questions Employers Should Consider
This program will instruct attendees on various legal implications surrounding the use and regulation of social media in the employment context.
This will cover the following topics:
1. The attendees will learn about when it is (and is not) legal to discharge an employee for a social media post.
2. The attendees will learn how and when they can monitor an employee’s social media and other online activity.
3. The attendees will learn how and whether to use social media to screen job applicants.
4. The attendees will learn how to assure the company (not an employee) actually owns its social media accounts.
5. The attendees will learn strategies for dealing with negative online posts.
About the Speakers:
Kristy L. Albrecht; Attorney at Fredrikson & Byron P.A
Kristy is a shareholder in Fargo, ND and a member of the
Employment & Labor, Litigation, Transportation and Appellate
Groups. She advises employers on a variety of employment law
issues, including hiring, firing, discipline, employee leave laws,
employee handbooks, drug and alcohol policies and separation
- Approved: 1.0 SHRM credit
- Approved: 1.0 HRCI credit
Light breakfast will be provided.