Substance Use Disorder and its Impact on the Workplace
July 16, 2019
8:30 AM to 9:30 AM
at MState - Rooms A115/A121 (West lot - door W1)
1900 28th Ave S
Moorhead, MN 56560
A parking pass will not be needed for this event.
Registration will be capped at 70 attendees and will close when capacity is reached.
To Register: Substance Use Disorder and its Impact on the Workplace
Employees struggling with drug and alcohol addiction have a significant impact on a company’s productivity, safety and culture. More than 21 million people in the US have substance use disorder and 70% of people with the disease are employed. With 90% of employees supporting their employer offering confidential consultations and resources for substance use disorder, employers are part of the answer to this epidemic of chemical use. We will discuss the challenges that addiction creates, why companies are playing a more active role in supporting their employees and resources for companies to create a recovery friendly workplace.
This will cover the following topics:
1. Provide context for why employers are taking an active role in supporting their employees’ recovery
2. Identify patterns and behaviors associated with substance use disorder
3. Teach methods to create a recovery friendly workplace
4. Provide resources and tools to support employers seeking to change their culture and support employees’ recovery
About the Speakers:
Melissa Kjolsing Lynch is Recovree's co-founder and CEO. Recovree was founded by Melissa and her brother, Luke, in 2017. Their personal journey with substance use disorder led them to create new services and tools to support people struggling with this disease. Recovree recently won North Dakota's Recovery Reinvented Competition.
- Approved: 1.0 SHRM credit
- Pending: 1.0 HRCI credit
Light breakfast will be provided.