Discover Your motivation: why we work, how we work, and how to do it better
Educational Luncheon 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Presented by David Horning
To register: Discover Your Motivation: Why We Work, How We Work and How to Do it Better
We know what we do for work and how we do it, but do we know why? In a presentation that is part TED Talk and part Saturday Night Live, you’ll learn to use new perspectives to see problems as opportunities, work as your mission, and conflict-management as a chance to build relationships. With this foundation in place work becomes more engaging, relationships flourish, and company culture strengthens. You will leave this program, not only laughing, but with new ideas to transform yourself and your workplace’s culture in a way that engages everyone.
1. How to identify and recreate the feelings of engagement and happiness, or using mindset to enhance skillset
2. How to take a step back, see the bigger picture, and develop personal accountability when confronted with obstacles
3. How to create a meaningful workplace culture focused on a collective mission
4. How to improve relationships, boost morale, and enhance creativity through the use of perspective
About the Speaker:
With a political science degree, a background in sketch comedy, and a passion for positive psychology, David Horning combined his diverse background to become a motivational speaker on a mission to inspire a worldwide perspective shift and create workplace happiness. David was featured in the 2014 New York Comedy Festival.
Approved: 1.0 SHRM credit
Approved: 1.0 HRCI credit
- Pasta Bar: Penne pasta, grilled chicken, alfredo sauce, marinara sauce, romaine lettuce, red onion, parmesan cheese, caesar dressing, croutons, and garlic breadstick
Educational luncheons are free for FMHRA members & student members.
Non-members: Please register and submit payment one week prior to the meeting. $30 charge per meeting.
Student non-members: Please email email@example.com if you would like to attend. Your first meeting is free of charge.